Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sears, stranger then fiction

I was buying some garden stuff Sunday and was paying with my debit card.  It is a force of habit left over from when I worked there a few years ago and was getting an employee discount.  Within a year or two of Sears buying OSH some bean counting genius hatched a plan to add to the bottom line by only allowing an employee credit card purchase on a Sears MC/Visa.

You could pay by cash, debit or with your Sears Visa and get the discount, no Sears Visa, no discount.  For any big purchase (I bought my Dad a Weber for Christmas) I had to buy it at Depot.  The Depot price was probably a little more then OSH price with discount but some things you have to draw the line at, a Sears Visa (as if I'd shop at that dump) crosses the line.

 Depot should send a thank you note to those geniuses at Hoffman for the big ticket sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment